Metallic Weaponry


Since deciding to give HanJanRan some more structure, you will be noticing some regular posts. One of which I am debuting today. I thought I would start sharing some of my favourite buys, because like most fashion loving woman I am rather skilled at the (not so) odd spot of shopping. Not to blow my own trumpet but I am also rather talented at finding mind blowing bargains!

So welcome to my first Shopping Show and Tell.

First of all I am wearing a Topshop earcuff and Topshop earrings. I have the top of my ear pierced twice, but that is irrelevant for this interesting piece of jewellery. I think it’s really different and combined with an interesting lipstick can easily transform a simple outfit. Another glorious feature of this is it was only £5! Topshop have recently started a small range of jewellery to decorate your ears that are more than just your average earrings. Check ‘em out for yourselves.

The second photograph shows a broach that my mum’s friend made from electronic parts. Despite much of my wardrobe being full from the highstreet it’s brilliant if you can mix it up with some vintage, second hand, homemade or one off pieces; just so we don’t all look like robots. The earrings are small gold square hoops that take away the usual connotations of hoop earrings because of their unusual squared shape.

Finally there are the shoes. Now despite being 5’11 I ordinarily live in platforms. However due to the likes of certain reality TV stars I’ve had to readdress this habit and have fallen in love with my platforms counterpart. Lower stilettos with a pointy toe are beyond chic. I found these metallic beauties in an Office sale reduced from £65 to £12. See! Mindblowing! The studs are perfection because it gives them an element of the forbidden and danger rather than being too twee which isn’t really my personality. And I don’t know if you’ve noticed a certain silver shoe trend but Alexa Chung and Olivia Palermo have worn them, Phillip Lim 3.1 and Brian Atwood made them. I have worn them once so far with a wet-look pencil skirt. They were wonderful.

Unfortunately for my bank balance I have done more shopping still! But for now, I will leave you with these metallic pieces.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, 8 February 2012 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Choies

Choies-The latest street fashion