HanJanRan's Paris Style Evening 1

Once all the unpacking and recuperating was done we were ready to head out for our first magical night in Paris. My friend who used to live here advised me that although glamorous, French women don't tend to get overly dressed up. I'm not big into "casual" so I decided to go for a happy medium with some parts dressed up and some parts youthful and cool. I bought this skirt for my Christmas Day outfit and have already worn it  plenty. It's comfortable but a bit sassy because of its micro length and the gold pattern spices up even an all black ensemble like what I'm wearing here. I contrasted the velvetty texture with a silk blouse from French Connection. The blouse has ruched shoulders and poofy sleeves that I think combined with a mini skirt and long boots makes for a sort of modern sixties feel. It also has a big bow that you tie around your neck giving the look that extra va-va-voom from behind.  Add my over the knee suede boots from Kurt Geiger, sling on the staple leather jacket (generous gift from bf) and complete with some Chanel (a must in Paris!) et voila!

We gobbled up a cheese and charcuterie board before dinner and then proceeded to have another two courses elsewhere. We intended to have a light and easy meal but found ourselves in a wonderfully chic restaurant. The food was phenomenal, the service was excellent and the people watching was fabulously distracting! After my copious amount of desserts (they come in fours then a waiter brought me a sneeky piece of tart as he sore me ogling it earlier!) I just about rolled back to the hotel to fall into a food and wine slumber. All in all a rather perfect ending to a long but wonderful day.


This entry was posted on Friday, 15 February 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Choies

Choies-The latest street fashion