Florida Outfit Post 1: Leather shorts and Marant scarf


Combining my own personal style with this outrageous heat, the extreme air conditioning and choosing something that the people of Florida might "get" has obviously presented me with a different criteria when getting dressed. There will be lots of beaut summery dresses to come but I don't want to be predictably floaty just because its hot, everyday. The aim here was to keep cool (temperature wise) but still have a dash of London cool.

I am wearing faux leather shorts that I bought from Zara in Paris. The T-shirt is a particular winner because it feels luxurious while being light and so easy to wear. This top is from Reiss. The scarf is my favourite item of the look because it was a special gift that means a lot to me. Not only is it one of my favourite colours to wear but it's by the designer I'm most obsessed with at the moment - Isabel Marant. It might seem ludicrous to wear a scarf in such a hot climate but I can't explain how cold the restaurants and shops are. So sure enough I unwound my scarf and wrapped it around me as I ate lunch. I searched high and low across the highstreet to find a pair of shoes that looked something like the Balenciaga buckle strap ankle boots. This pair were the winners and are from Office. The american apparel shop assistants were swooning over these chunky pieces of leatherie goodness. The sunglasses are delightfully winged just how I like them and I picked them up at a Mall for just $12! Score!


I was heading out for a long afternoon and evening of shopping so didn't want my hair to be getting in my way. This slicked back look suits the severity of the leather and buckles elsewhere in the ensemble. For a bit more texture I plaited my ponytail and twirled it into a bun instead of your ordinary style. The pop of red from the statement jewellery breaks up the look once the scarf is removed. It is a coral necklace I bought from a market in Barbados for next to nothing and it will never go out of style. 

This entry was posted on Monday, 1 July 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

2 Responses to “Florida Outfit Post 1: Leather shorts and Marant scarf”

Leave a Reply

Choies

Choies-The latest street fashion