Phillip Lim for Target

Apparently it took five years to convince Lim to do this collaborative line. And now it's here. It is going to be a sell out, there's no doubt about it. I read about the press review and it was totally chaotic. Jessica Alba and Solange Knowles above are wearing the line. One blog was doing a voters poll asking who looked better? Why do we need to pit women against each other constantly comparing them? Well, we don't. (Rant over.) They both look fab if you ask me. On another positive note this photo is brilliant because it just proves how easy it is to break up outfits from the look book and inject some individuality.
These looks are well put together. They emulate the kind of thing that all the cool kids are wearing already. It's not ground breaking or setting any new and wild trends but it is definitely cool. The grey sweats aren't the kind you slob out in. Their straight leg, more skinny cut means they're smarter in a sports luxe kind of way. I wouldn't be seen dead in trackpants but these I'd love. Striking sweatshirts have been around for a while now but they're not going anywhere. The collection includes pieces that obviously go together but can also be mixed and matched. 

I found these pictures on Racked.com which made me laugh. The one on the left is what Target want the press preview to be portrayed as. To the right is the reality.


If you want to get your hands on any of this but don't live in the U.S.A I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that a whole load of this will end up on ebay. I wouldn't mind some myself, I think it's pretty cool.

Photos courtesy of racked.com.

This entry was posted on Friday, 6 September 2013 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Choies

Choies-The latest street fashion