Vodafone's London Fashion Weekend at Somerset House


Over Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday last weekend Vodafone helped host London Fashion Weekend at Somerset House. It was a divine day filled with so many different aspects of fashion. The shopping was far beyond my expectations. Having been to previous versions of this event I would say that the most recent one provided the best offering of designer and boutique goods, all at much preferable discount prices. 

Susie Lau, blogger extraordinare, of Style Bubble had been around all the various shopping stations and hung tags on her favourite pieces. Quelle surprise most of them were fabulously loud colours. Here is an example of her choices. This rail and outfit are by Blonde Ginger a line I totally fell in love with while there. I will explore the brand further in a later blog post. 



If you know Somerset House you will be aware of the layout which consists of different wings and an enormous number of rooms, here, there and everywhere. Each room was home to two or three different designers with makeshift changing rooms. Above is a selection of signature jumpers by Bella Freud which were displayed along side the likes of House of Holland and Lulu & Co. Other designers on the day included Celine, Valentino, Vivienne Westwood, Joseph, by Malene Birger and House of Harlow among many other fabulous names. 

Can you spot Cara Delevingne?



Going into a room filled with incredible jewellery felt akin to entering Aladdin's Cave. There were pieces that were so unique I actually fell in love. There was a lot of rose gold and semi-precious stones and a few collections inspired by nature and animals. Could you think of a chicer way to do Halloween this year than with these spider earrings?



These fashionable headphones are by Frends and prove you can listen to music in style. Music and Fashion are always inspiring each other and many collaborations occur between industry experts across the genres. They offer smaller and bigger headphones like the pair my absolutely gorgeous friend Amelia Gibbs is modelling here! They also do in ear ones that boast an intricate design. I've recently obtained headphones that are by Monster and Diesel that I'm totally in love with. To get good sound quality doesn't mean you have to ruin your look. In fact headphones can be a style statement.


This is the Kinder Bueno lounge where we got to scoff chocolate and even book in for a massage. I can tell you that massage was much needed after pounding the corridors of Somerset House and drooling over the goodies all afternoon.


Two stunning looks by Celine


Here Amelia and I are on the FROW ready for the fashion show. The show included four parts, each presenting an important trend for this season. These were Pretty in Pink, Back to Nature, Victoriana and Shape Up. I particularly loved the pink looks (I was wearing pink myself... so on trend darling!) especially the Topshop Unique jumpsuit. You'll know the one I mean when you scroll down. It's divine. Pandora Lennard styled the models and presented some really wearable yet supremely fashionable looks. Pandora proved that emulating high end looks doesn't have to be intimidating. 


What else was going on at the event? Well there were a number of talks over the four days which gave insight to aspects of the industry that not all of us would get to experience as well as tutorials. Maybelline and Mollie King taught girls how to do their make up while MUAs and nail experts explained how to achieve the beauty trends seen at fashion week. 


I can't recommend this event enough. It outdid my expectations and next time I want to make sure I listen to more talks. I managed to not go too outrageous in the shopping stakes. I bought two pairs of Linda Farrow glasses (couldn't resist) that were collaborations with House of Holland and Agent Provocateur. Look out for them on future style posts! I hope you all like the sound of London Fashion Weekend and I look forward to seeing you there next time. If you made it this time round let me know what your favourite part was and what you bought on the day on twitter @hanjanran or facebook at www.facebook.com/hanjanranblog


This entry was posted on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Choies

Choies-The latest street fashion