Why I'm loving 90s fashion again


I bought some plastic tattoo chokers yesterday. How has it come such a full circle that at aged 23 I want to wear something I wore when I was 9 or 10 years old? I've already started wearing cute matching earring and necklaces that Mary Kate and Ashley would have worn in Two of a Kind. My lipstick is a dark mauve that Cindy Crawford adored. At first my new nineties obsession began with a grungier edge. Kurt Cobain style. Now I want to be Paris and Nicole's third amigo (but not Nicky). 

Reasons I love the 90s:

  • Accessories were so pretty
  • It was cool to be over the top and girly with fluffy trim
  • The Bodyguard came out
  • Girl Power was strong
  • If you were vertically challenged and liked your feet pain free you could wear buffalo shoes
  • Kate Moss's face
  • Pink was rock'n'roll
  • Faux fur came in funky colours
  • I was born
  • Super models wore swimsuits that came up really high above their hips
  • Pitball wasn't on every J Lo song
  • Heath Ledger and Brittany Murphy were around with beautiful messy curls
  • Angelina Jolie was so wild and snogged her half brother and wore blood in a necklace
  • You could record songs off the radio on cassettes
  • The coats that were in fashion were actually really big and warm and cosy
  • Kate and Naomi hung out a lot


Ways in which I dress like its the 90s: 

  • Cute mini skirts with little t-shirts
  • Polo necks under a dress
  • Lipliner
  • Doc Martins
  • Cardigans
  • Matching drop earrings and necklace
  • American sports uniforms (baseball jerseys, basketball tops etc.)
  • Decorated denim
  • Fringing
  • Slip dresses
  • Kitten heels


This entry was posted on Monday, 12 May 2014 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Choies

Choies-The latest street fashion