Bite: Chia Seed Pudding For Breakfast

When the weekend arrives I like to purposefully conduct my morning ritual differently than I do on a weekday. I take my time and acknowledge my actions and appreciate my surroundings. This also entails eating a different breakfast than I ordinarily have. Sometimes I will choose eggs, sometimes a more elaborate and flavoursome version of porridge, but this time I decided to try something entirely new! 

Let me introduce you to a Chia Seed Pudding. Contrary to it's name, which suggests it is an after dinner delight, this is a refreshing and tasty morning treat. Although having said that there is no reason that it shouldn't be a delicious dessert! Chia seeds have been given extraordinary attention of late, being dubbed another superfood. Whether they are going to totally transform my health or not I am all for natural ingredients that haven't been tampered with by chemicals or preservatives. But as we are speaking about it, they boast  antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, fibre and potassium; not bad for a tiny little seed!

They really are small in the dry form. Soaked in a divine mixture of almond milk and honey, they expand and absorb and result in a great tasting dish. The important trick is to allow them a whole nights sleep to fully expand and soak up all the flavour that will leave you wanting more. All you need is three tablespoons of the seeds, with one tablespoon of honey and a cup of almond milk. Mixed in together and when the seeds are allowed to soak up the flavour of their accompanying ingredients you are left with a dish worthy of getting out of bed for. 

On Saturday morning when you pull your Chia Seed Pudding from the fridge where you left it over night, make it even more glorious by adding some fruit on top. I chose to use frozen berries because on a summer's morning they compliment the sunny environment so nicely. The icy edge also delivers additional texture to your bite. 

Seeing as you've gone to the effort to make your morning that little bit more special, why not eat your breakfast outside? This is something you'd never have the time for before a work day commute. Taking the time to absorb your surroundings and being kind to your body with a nourishing start to the day is the only way you should commence your wonderful weekend. 


This entry was posted on Friday, 25 July 2014 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

One Response to “Bite: Chia Seed Pudding For Breakfast”

Leave a Reply

Choies

Choies-The latest street fashion